AKA: CDS, Cyclo, CycloDS, CyclopsDS, Evolution
Manufactured by: TeamCyclops (AKA: TC)
The CycloDS Evolution is currently available in white and black. There are three versions (V1, V2 and V3) and two hardware revisions. V1 and V2 cards are running on HW v1, V3 is running on HW v1.1. HW v1.1 is slimmer and doesn't have the protruding chip through the sticker which makes the card fit easier. The only difference in functionality is the way to get into recovery mode (to force flashing of the firmware when something went wrong while trying to flash firmware the normal way). HW v1 is forced into recovery mode by pressing the SELECT button before starting the CycloDS whereas HW v1.1 needs DOWN and B buttons.
The CycloDS Evolution is TeamCyclops' first slot-1 solution. It boasted several never before seen features like full download play, SDHC card support, and an in-game menu. Now, several card manufactures have followed in their footsteps by releasing their own SDHC compatible cards and adding full download play support. The team has listened to user bug reports and feature requests to make it one of the most feature-rich, and best cards out there.
- Completely plug & play - no FlashMe, PassMe or PC software required
- 100% game compatibility, supports clean ROM's - works on any OS
- RealTime Save function, allowing you to save and restore the state of gameplay at any time
- Wii connectivity in games such as Pokemon Diamond/Pearl is supported
- Full NDS download play support, including problem games such as Mario Kart DS
- Action Replay compatible cheat code engine, comes bundled with cheat codes for over 300 games!
- Uses MicroSD card, both FAT16 and FAT32 supported
- Supports the MicroSDHC specification, allowing for high capacity memory cards
- Save type is automatically detected, no need for a save type database
- Save directly to MicroSD rather than onboard flash
- User friendly, easily skinnable interface. Both touch screen and button operation supported
- Multi-lingual user interface
- "Enhanced Mode" which provides powerful, unique features during game play. Enhanced features are activated through an in-game menu. Enhanced mode features include:
- "In-game Text Reader whitch allows the user to read .txt files (walktroughs, faq's etc) while playing the game!
- RealTime Save which allows you to save and restore the state of gameplay at any time
- Adjust LCD brightness during game play (NDSLite only)
- SlowMotion mode which can be used to slow down game play to make fast paced action sequences easier to master
- Return to CycloDS Evolution Menu (aka soft reset)
- Toggle cheats codes on/off
- "GBA Support! in combination with an EZ-Flash 3-in-1 you can load GBA roms directly from the Cyclo DS"
- More features to come!
- Excellent homebrew compatibility thanks to the DLDI auto-patcher
- 2 megabytes of onboard flash memory which contains the CycloDS Evolution OS and will be utilised in the future to add exciting new features. A recovery mode is also included.
- Autoboot mode which when activated will directly boot into the last ROM or homebrew application executed
- Moonshell included to provide media playing functionality
- PassMe function (boot from slot 2)
- Supports rumble and memory expansions, without any special user interaction required
Skin tester for viewing/editing/creating skins and helping the skin creation process.
CycloDS Compatibility list (frequently updated)
Official GBAtemp Review
- Excerpt: "I'd definitely recommend the cart to anyone seeking a slot-1 flash kit, but if you're already content with your current slot-1 solution, unless you're really interested in one of the above features, you should perhaps think twice before considering migrating. But if you're in the market for a feature rich slot-1 solution, I'd suggest you consider the CycloDS Evolution."
Frequently asked questions
- CycloDS Key
- CycloDS MiniSD
- CycloDS MicroSD
- 3 in 1 Expansion Pack for EZ-Flash V
- R4 DS
- M3 DS Simply
- Latest Stable firmware - v1.59
- Latest Beta firmware - v B.3
- Note: Stable and Beta firmware use the same core. Beta is used as testing ground for new GUI. Post on CycloDS Evo fourm