DScraft is a Minecraft clone Homebrew for the Nintendo DS developed by Smealum.
From the official website: DScraft is a DS homebrew adaptation of the popular game Minecraft. At the moment this is a rather complete adptation of "creative mode" (or minecraft Classic), which means there is only exploration and creation in this version. I am planning on attempting to adapt survival in future versions !
DScraft was made by smealum alone in his spare time and is in no way associated with Minecraft or Mojang.
We have also a DSCraft Plugin icon for DSTwo.
Place both DScraft.nds and the content of the plugin in SD:\_dstwoplug\ folder
How to install
For nitroFS version :
- place DScraft.nds anywhere on your card.
- place the dscraft folder in the same directory as the .nds
- that's it !
If that doesn't work, try the FAT version :
- place DScraft_fat.nds anywhere on you card.
- place the dscraft folder at the ROOT of your card.
- that's it !
|Acekard 2i with AKAIO 1.8.8||Working||Working|
|R4i (sdhc v1.41) (Homebrew menu not needed)||Unknown||Working|
|R4i (www.r4ids.cn) using WoodR4||Not Working||Working|
|DScraft Flat map v1.01||256x256||CannonFoddr||A clean flat map near the spawn point and big structure around it to watch your creation from above. v1.0 screenshot||200811|
|DScraft Flat Flat v1.1||256x256||Albert X||Based on DScraft Flat Map by CannonFodr v1.01, this one is totally flat.||200811|
|Ray's pool hangout||256x256||Ray =D||A pool, two towers and a mansion||200811|
Currently, DScraft only supports 16x16 texture size (256x256px terrain.png).
|Name||Author||Description||Tested on DScraft version|
|Default texture pack||Eld||Default DScraft's textures. This texture's pack is already included in DScraft, you don't need to place it into your 'DScraft\Packs\' folder. It's provided here as reference only.||200811|
|GeruDoku 1.7.3||Emkay443||Modified version of GeruDoku v1.7.3||200811|
|Original MineCraft Texture Pack||Olivki and Notch||Modified Version of Original MineCraft Texture pack, Thanks to gifi4||200811|
|DsCraft||ds777fighter||No this is not the default texture pack!!||200811|
|Version||Bug description||Tested on, by||Status|
|200811||Title screen: On game launch there are garbages lines on bottom screen until the title screen appear. Same thing happens when exiting the game to title screen when hitting Start button.||SuperCard DSTwo - 3DS - Nitro FS, by Cyan||Known|
|200811||Title screen: Both screens have an odd refresh rate, it looks like it's blinking continuously with different brightness.||SuperCard DSTwo - 3DS - Nitro FS, by Cyan||Fixed (220811)|
|200811||Title screen: On texture pack selection screen, when using the scroll bar the top and bottom screen are merged/swapped (like 10 lines at the top of each screen).||SuperCard DSTwo - 3DS - Nitro FS, by Cyan||Fixed (220811)|
|200811||Title screen: When loading a texture pack, either the bottom screen is printed in the top screen, either the top printed in the bottom screen.||SuperCard DSTwo - 3DS - Nitro FS, by Cyan||Known|
|200811|| in inventory: dragging a bloc to bottom line works fine (it swap textures correctly), but moving a block to another place holder is buggy. First time it swap, second time if you want to swap the newly moved block again back to it's place then it doesn't work, it's using the old block not the new one, and place two texture in the same place. always grab the bottomless texture.
How to reproduce Try with the water bucket to see easily the problem, as it doesn't match the bottom pattern. 1 - swap water to inventory (work) 2 - swap water (in inventory) with adjacent block (work) 3 - re-move the water back to its old adjacent place : both are in the same place. (The water is really not invisible in the empty case, as you can't grab the empty case) 4 - try re-swapping the water to the empty place : it grabs the lower sprite instead 5- swap water back to usable panel at the bottom : two item again. if you select it, it's placing lower sprite block on the map.
|SuperCard DSTwo - 3DS - Nitro FS, by Cyan||Fixed (230811)|
|200811||In inventory: the square mark sometime is not centered on block area, and doesn't always follow the selected block. it reset only when selecting a block in the bottom line.||SuperCard DSTwo - 3DS - Nitro FS, by Cyan||Known|
|200811||In game: In fly mode, left/right acts like touchscreen, you can't strafe anymore.||SuperCard DSTwo - 3DS - Nitro FS, by Cyan||Known|
|200811||In game: it's hard to move out of water. the player stay at the level of the last bloc, not at the top of it.||report by CannonFoddr link, tested on SuperCard DSTwo - 3DS - Nitro FS, by Cyan||Fixed (220811)|
|200811||In game: When walking along the edge of the map the blocks are not loaded. You need to move a little back and the map will load new blocks near your position.||Sir_Voe link||Fixed (230811)|
|200811||There's a weird glitch where sometimes when you use the bucket it creates what I think is cobblestone instead of water.||Machomuu link||Unable to reproduce|
|200811||It will freeze when loading to the planety.pack, and Freeze when pressing select : GURU MEDITATION ERROR, pc: 02010ECC addr:000340d0||Naito-Tanuki link||New|
|200811||Calibration errors on 3DS (using DSTWO). Can be fixed by holding 'Start' when the FlashCart begins to load. (Small Screens)||Naito-Tanuki||Not a bug|
|200811||Guru Meditation Error: pc-01000200 addr-01000200||Naito-Tanuki (Tested with 3DS DSTWO using FAT version)||New|
|200811||pc: 020266d4 addr: 1b02310b After openning the ds (exiting sleep mode)||Dicamarques(Tested with 3DS Ak2i using Nitro version)||New|
|200811||(this one it actually is a good bug XP) when you walk diagonally (pressing up and right at the same time) you walk twice as faster than normal.||Dicamarques(Tested with 3DS Ak2i using Nitro version)||New|
|200811||The moon "borns" next to the sun, she should born on the other side. PIC||Dicamarques (Tested with 3DS Ak2i using Nitro version)||Fixed (310811)|
|220811||Faces disappear after saving||Many people||Fixed (230811)|
|220811||The game sometimes freeze after press start in the game.||SuperCard DSTwo - Nitro FS, by xpgnome||New|
|220811||We are spawned in a different place||Many people||Not a bug|
|220811||I can`t delete the water.||SuperCard DSTwo - Nitro FS, by xpgnome||Not a bug|
|220811||Deleting or adding blocks on the very edge of the map causes Guru error (pc: & addr: different each time)||SuperCard DSTwo - Nitro FS,by CannonFoddr||Fixed (310811)|
|230811||The game sometimes hang/frezze when save.||3Ds SuperCard DSTwo - Nitro FS, by DragonRider||New|
|230811||The game freezes when I push select. (confirmed to freeze for a few seconds while the sky turns dark blue and back by dairyfarmer777 on R4i with FAT version) (possibly because its screen saving) PIC||3Ds SuperCard DSTwo - Nitro FS, by DragonRider||New|
|230811||Duplicate error different version (smealum should delete?): When loading up the game, after the donation page but before the main menu, the bottom half of touch screen appears black while the top has random pixel colors (usually associated with glitchy) separated by a line of mainly light blue pixels. PIC||R4isdhc -DSLite - FAT, by dairyfarmer777||New|
|230811||In game: Pressing start caused the game to stop, on the top screen the sky turns dark blue just like the "select button freeze", then goes dark. The bottom however then has the old top screen on it with random(garbage) pixels all over it and on the bottom is the inventory. The game then goes to the main menu without saving. PIC||R4isdhc -DSLite - FAT, by dairyfarmer777||New|
|230811||In game: Water blocks can be placed on top of other water blocks to form a 1x1 pillar when placing farther than 4 blocks away. When going in to the pillar one can just all the way up (the water doesn't let you sink). You can move out of them from up high and move back in after falling for a bit, stoping when you re-enter. (This is nice for a unobstructed view of the landscape however.) PIC1 PIC2 works with other blocks as well.||R4isdhc -DSLite - FAT, by dairyfarmer777||New|
|230811||In game: When replacing the block you selected and are using on the bottom with another from inventory, when trying to place it - it will still be the one before the switch (e.g. using dirt, its still selected - then goes to inventory and replaces with green(wool?) block [which also has along one edge red pixels along with "cyan cobble?", "blue wool"? and others have different color edge on them] you have green (still) selected but dirt is placed not green.)||R4isdhc -DSLite - FAT, by dairyfarmer777||New|
|230811||In game: When walking around occasionally the sky, clouds, and blocks in the distance start to flash between 2 brightness. Seems like a thunderstorm but when you stop moving so does the flashing.||R4isdhc -DSLite - FAT, by dairyfarmer777||New|
|230811||In game: When placing or deleting torchs (light blocks) near the map's edges (4 or less blocks), game crashes (Guru meditation error) or something strange happens.||R4ds wood - DS tank - Nitro FS, by wilkyo||Fixed (310811)|
|310811||In game: Close a door when we are inside should be prohibited. With blocks next to the door, we are blocked. Without blocks next to the door, it makes us jump to the sky.||R4ds wood - DS tank - Nitro FS, by wilkyo||New|
|310811||In game: When placing a block on any of the 5 other sides of another block with a ladder, the ladder turns invisible.||R4isdhc -DSLite - FAT, by dairyfarmer777||New|
|310811||In game: Deleting the block an invisible ladder is on will make it visible and float on it own. Placing a block behind it will make it invisible again.||R4isdhc -DSLite - FAT, by dairyfarmer777||New|
|310811||In game: When at the top of the map, looking straight up, you can place water on the sky and that single block will give you a tower all the way to the ground.||R4isdhc -DSLite - FAT, by dairyfarmer777||New|
|310811||In game: Breaking a torch at the top of the sky cause a guru mediation error (pc:020284C0 addr:03030307)||R4isdhc -DSLite - FAT, by dairyfarmer777||New|
|310811||In game: Dynamic lighting bug - have a block float over another it will be dark and then break a block next the the dark one, it will be fully illuminated in sun/moon.||R4isdhc -DSLite - FAT, by dairyfarmer777||New|
|310811||In game: When i start the game t sometimes wiggle.||3Ds, DsTwo by DragonRider||New|
|310811||In game: Sometimes when i start the game i can jump very high (like the demo version).||3Ds, DsTwo by DragonRider||New|
|310811||After standby the game hang.||3Ds, DsTwo by DragonRider||New|
GUI for the map generator
There is a graphical user interface for the command-line map generator by smealum. called: DScraft Map Generator GUI
it supports creating map generation, naming the maps and other options that are related to the GUI and the command-line program by smealum.
you can download the latest version here: DScraft Map Generator GUI
- For those who cannot get this to run, or do not wish to use it - you need to run 'mapGen.bat' that's included in the DSCraft download file (inside the 'mapgen.rar' file)
- If you want a particular sized map, you need to edit 'mapGen.bat' (use Notepad or similar) & change the number after the line 'mapGen.exe' e.g. 'mapGen.exe 64' The number you choose is 1/4 of the size of map you want - so a '32' will produce a 128 x 128 map (32 x 4 = 128)
The file produces will always be called 'testmap.map'
Requests and suggestions
- Save the player position on save/load. (maybe a header in the map file). - Done in v230811.
- Statistics (Game played, blocks placed/destroyed, etc...) - not essential, but why not...
- Use another config file along with the terrain.png to define animation sequences. Each line = 1 sequence. It could be texture's cell's start-cell's end, or real cell's sequences to animate in random order, not always loop: 1-2-4-5-4-5-4-5-2-loop or ping-pong)
- Block destroy time & animation (like in Minecraft) - pointless for classic
- Mod system! (with editable files in folders, for example?) - not sure what you mean
- Background music and a music option in the menu so we can change background music or turn it off. - music will come, in time
- Darker caves. - done in 310811
- when we place a block of water it spreads, make it possible so that i can remove the water placing a block where i placed the water source. (like the sponge effect, but with any block type by removing water spawn block. eg. cutting waterfall flow)
- Add a blueish type of screen when under water - done in 310811
- Minimap - Can't do, reason : Not enough memory At least in DS mode. (not really but yeah, probably won't do a minimap)
- Show player's coordinate (x;y;z, with x=north-south, y=west-east, z=floor-sky)
- Show the map information (or make a menu when pressing Start with options to return to game/exit and show the current map filename/size.)
- please add a custom controls (as in pc)
- Ability to increase the map size (or decrease too?) while in game. If you need more place you can't export your constructions to a bigger one.
- Everything Minecraft is square, including the sun, so why did you make it a circle in DScraft?! - Because that's the sun from eldpack, DScraft's default texture pack.
- Could you make the clouds 3-dimensional (1 block high) like in Minecraft. - Nope, polygons are precious, I can't waste them on clouds. Plus, clouds are flat in Minecraft if you run it on "fast" mode (which I do :P)
- Different colored target depending on the creation/deletion mode. - good idea
- Enable/disable water spreading limit. - the limit is there for a reason
- Grow-able trees.
Items & blocks
- Sponge, to absorb all connected water.
- Ride-able minecarts - probably not going to happen
- Remove shadow from glass.
- Redstone - not going to happen