GBAtemp Wiki Tutorial
From WikiTemp, the GBAtemp wiki
Revision as of 07:30, 28 February 2007 by Opium
- This tutorial aims to teach you how to use this Wiki, how to create pages, headings, and much much more! It will teach you by providing examples on the most common wiki functions.
- The text, images, and layout you see is created by using a special wiki markup language. Once you know the basic tags and code it is extremely easy to add things to the Wiki and edit pages! Wiki markup is a lot simpler than other markup languages such as HTML. This tutorial will teach you the basics.
- There is no button to create a new page. Pages can generally only be created in two ways.
- Linking to a new page
- Adding the new page to your browser address
Linking to a new page
- Lets say from this page I wanted to create a link to a new page called "Tutorial 1 2 3" and in the process create that page. You would use the following code:
- [[Tutorial 1 2 3]]
- The [[...]] tags signify a link within the wiki.
- Lets create the page now:
- If there is nothing on the page the link will show up in red and the page will simply show an edit box, nothing else. Use the edit box to create the page using Wiki markup. Once the page has something on it the link to it will turn blue.
Adding the new page to your browser address
- The main page of the wiki as it shows up in your browser is http://wiki.gbatemp.net/index.php/Main_Page
- Try changing the last part that says "Main_Page" to anything you want eg: http://wiki.gbatemp.net/index.php/Tutorials_are_fun
- Going to the link will bring you to the non-existant page where you have the ability to click the edit tab and begin creating the page.
- As a general rule using the internal wiki link tags [[...]] is the best way to create a page as it ensures that people will be able to find the page as there is a link to it somewhere.