Ironhax was an exploit that took advantage of a savegame vulnerability in the game "Ironfall: Invasion" for the Nintendo 3DS. The exploit was patched in a later version of the software, but users that downloaded the game before it was patched, or grabbed it off of smealum's old eshop launcher during a short period of time were able to use the exploit for a good while. However, in later firmwares, starting with 10.4.0-29, the 3DS system forces you to update Ironfall before launching the software, thus rendering the exploit useless.
Primarily installed through the official Ironhax installer that comes with the Homebrew Launcher starter kit. This only works with the old version of Ironfall, and is only available on firmwares that are <=10.3.0-28.
- smealum — 3DS research, core exploit code for all versions, ctrulib improvements, hbmenu code, testing/debugging
- yellows8 — 3DS research, ctrulib improvements, auditing, help with pretty much everything
- plutoo — 3DS research, ctrulib improvements, auditing, help with pretty much everything
- fincs — 3DSX format/code, ctrulib improvements, devkitARM integration, testing
- mtheall — ctrulib improvements, hbmenu code, testing, .gitignore files
- GEMISIS — hbmenu code, testing
- Fluto, Arkhandar — hbmenu design
- Normmatt, ichfly — general help, testing
- lobo — webpage template