LetterBomb is a safe way to enable homebrew on a Wii without hardware modification. LetterBomb is achieved by use of the Wii Message Board which executes a homebrew application from an external SD card. LetterBomb was created by Team Twiizers. This exploit only works with System Menu 4.3 of any region.
This exploit is a System Menu exploit, meaning it works without needing a game.
Usage & Installation
For instructions on using this method to set up Homebrew from start to finish, see Tutorial
- SD or SDHC formatted as FAT16 or FAT32.
- System Menu 4.3 (anything higher or lower will not work).
- Your Wii’s WiFi MAC Address (can get from your Wii's system settings). This is needed because the Wii will only accept messages addressed to its specific MAC address.
- A way to copy the files from your PC to the SD card.
- Some homebrew software to load. (Preferably HackMii Installer)Although this isn't necessary, it's highly recommended. The exploit will attempt to load "boot.elf" (or "boot.dol" if it can't be found) from the SD card root directory.
- On Computer: If there is a folder called "private" on your SD card rename it to "privateold".
- On Computer: Copy the "private" directory from the LetterBomb download to the root of your SD card.
- On Computer: Take your homebrew (preferably Hackmii Installer) and put it in the ROOT of your SD card as "boot.elf". Note that you can download the Hackmii Installer directly from the Letterbomb site.
- Wii: Put your SD card in your Wii and turn it on.
- Wii: Go into the Wii Message Board and navigate to "Today", "Yesterday" or "Two days ago".
- Wii: Click on the appropriate envelope, sit back and prepare for the hacking glory.