Talk:3 in 1 Expansion Pack for EZ-Flash V
I'm getting one of these devices and I am confused as hell on how to use it. So whatever success that I may have will end up in this subject or separate guide on how to get things done written in a concise fashion. I am limited to only an M3 Simply and the EZV Expansion. I would first like to note that there are too many damn names for this thing, and I have no idea what to call it. How about EZVXP? Sorry for the Microsoft-Think, but scientists are lazy.
So I see an anonymous person got a bucket of elbow grease and did a fine job of content addition. I am going to move the information and edit the grammar to be "consistent" with the other articles on EZ-flash. Consistency is the key work here, folks! Well, I am starting now since I just got my 3 in 1 in the mail. I must say that I enjoy this product enough to continue these edits. Fun!
I added more pictures and I got permission from GBAtemp to use the pictures from the review. I seem to be having difficulty finding a picture of the "Phat" Version of the Expansion Pack (GBA Cart Size). If anybody can take a picture that is not from websites like realhotstuff or any other shop, then it would just be peachy.
I merged the external Initial Setup and FAQ articles into this one, as there's no reason for them to be separate (at least at this stage).--Dirtie 17:07, 17 August 2007 (CEST)
Missing Info / More to Do
There are some personal observations on things to do, add, or change. Please add any additional critiques, suggestions.
- Expand Compatibility Section, like adding info on official EZ-V software compatibility with 3 in 1 Expansion Pack for EZ-Flash V. It should be an additional subsection like Third-Party Solutions Subsection to Compatibility
- Review Section should contain additional criticisms of the product. From the top of my head: Hardware issues (like battery problems, if applicable/confirmed), Software Issues (Official or Homebrew)
- Improvement on clarity overall, as our target audience include New Users up to Experts on the subject. For example, the Initial Setup Section, in my opinion, can be initially confusing for me. If I can understand the instructions right away, anyone can!
- Anything contributors can think of.
--ThaiGrocer 12:24, 17 August 2007 (CDT)
- Increasing automation, like cycloDS supporting the 3 in 1 with autopatching
- Standalone Browser Patch
- Standalone Rumble Patch
- Dev Resources on RAM
- GBA-DS Link
Couldn't have noticed all of this missing information. Thanks FAST6191!!
--ThaiGrocer 07:52, 24 August 2007 (CDT)
More missing info
Two things which could use a mention are the lack of an RTC chip (thus requiring a clock patch) as well as any other special hw features needing patches (light sensor, tilt, etc). The other item which is less obvious is if the rumble feature works in the gba games which support it, or if the rumble only works in DS games. I would add the information but I myself am not sure of the answer. I have a feeling it's no though :( --188.8.131.52 08:18, 28 August 2007 (CEST)