Difference between revisions of "WikiTemp:Extension Spambot"
Revision as of 17:15, 18 December 2014
The Spambot extension is a quick extension written for use on the GBAtemp Wiki. It combines a series of actions that are often used against spambots to make it easier for wiki sysops to clean up the wiki.
The extension has only been tested on MediaWiki version 1.18 to 1.21. It may not work on other versions.
What it does
- Delete all recently created pages by a user
- Rollback all latest edits from a user
- Hide all other revisions from the user
- Block the user indefinitely
- Hide all related recent changes logs (marked as bot edits). They can still be seen by enabling bot edits, or by going to the actual log page.
- Logs to the Spambot log instead of the Block Log.
Two new rights are added:
- spambot => Grants the ability to use the Spambot feature and protects from being spambotted.
- spambot-protected => Protects against being "spambotted" but doesn't give access to the page.
The source code is available upon request. Since this is not an official MediaWiki extension, I can not guarantee its stability. Usage is at own risk.
To install it to the wiki, add the following in the LocalSettings.php file of your wiki:
require_once( "$IP/extensions/Spambot/Spambot.php" );
You can verify the installation through Special:Version.
The Spambot Special Page will now be available in the Special Pages List under the "users" group.
-- Version 1.0 -- * Initial release -- Version 1.1 -- * Added support for IP addresses * Can now rollback edits and hide revisions * Some hardcoded strings -> I18N * Overall security increase