3DS Controler is a homebrew application that lets you use a Nintendo 3DS as a controller for Windows computers.
For setting up the main homebrew executable, read how to launch 3DS homebrew.
If you want to use the circle pad as a joystick, first install vjoystick.
Copy the file 3DS/3DSController.ini to the root of the 3DS SD card. Change the line
IP: 192.168.0.4 to the IP address of your computer (in the form
192.168.?.?). You can use 3DSController.exe to get this IP address.
If all goes right, the 3DS will show a black screen. You may try opening an application like Notepad and pressing buttons on the 3DS to see if it works.
L+R+X - Open/Close keyboard
Backlight disabled when not in use (less battery consumption), New 3DS buttons and C Stick support,
DLL errors fixed, Updated vJoy to latest version (fixes Windows 10 compatibility), Screenshot code scrapped 2 separate JoySticks can be configured, 8 additional JoyStick buttons supported,
- Updated for latest ctrulib compatibility,
- Updated README to link to a compatible version of vJoy,
- Fixed the "Tap" control to only fire when the keyboard is not active,
- Added support for mapping buttons to the vJoy joypad as well as to keyboard keys (fixes support for programs like Dolphin), use by mapping a key to "JOY1", "JOY2", "JOY3", up to "JOY8",
- Keyboard support! Press L, R, and X to toggle it
- Warn you if your Wireless is turned off when you boot the application
- Improved threshold calculation when using circle pad to move mouse
- Setting Mouse Speed to 0 when using touch screen to move mouse sets mouse to absolute position, rather than relative to last position
- The Tap event is fired when the touch screen is released, rather than when it is first press
- Other misc bug fixes
- Default port changed to 8889 to avoid conflict
- "Throttle" option in PC's 3DSController.ini, greatly reduces CPU used by application, default setting of 20 reduces CPU usage by over 6 times in my experience
- Can bind a key to NONE in PC's 3DSController.ini
- Format of the 3DS's 3DSController.ini file changed to match that of PC's
- Threshold for circle pad when moving mouse
- New setting of "Mouse Speed" in PC's 3DSController.ini
- Corrected Y axis when using touch screen as joystick
- Fixed support for CLICK and RIGHT CLICK key bindings
- More graceful error handling towards systems without vJoy
- More graceful error handling when 3DS can't read 3DSController.ini
- Z axis on vJoy controller is now in the middle value rather than 0
- PC application lists your IP addresses to help those unsure of how to find it
- Custom key bindings support
- Custom port support
- Other misc bug fixes