BlargSnes is a Super Nintendo emulator for 3DS.
If you need help to install this homebrew on your console, read how to launch 3DS homebrew.
On the 3DS's SD card (not the Gateway MicroSD), create a folder named 'snes' and put your SNES ROMs in there.
In the same folder, you can also place savegames. They must have the same name as their corresponding ROM, and have a .srm extension.
With that done, start blargSnes, and you see a ROM selection menu. Select your ROM and press A (or B). See what happens.
None yet. Please report issue in the discussion thread.
- Pause: Touch screen
- Resume pause: Touch screen or A
While in pause:
- Change game: Select
- Settings: Start
- Screenshot: L+R (saved to your SD card in .bmp format).
- Exit: Select, then press the [X] on the touch screen.
- Hardware renderer: this enables the hardware-accelerated renderer. It is faster than the software renderer but also less accurate in some cases.
- Scaling: provides some scaling modes for the video output.
You can change the border picture on the top screen by placing a 400x240px 24bit bitmaps picture named blargSnesBorder.bmp on the root of your 3DS SD card.
blargSNES custom border repository and layout example.
Custom border submission thread at GBAtemp.
- Software and hardware renderers
- PPU modes 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 7
- BGs with 8x8 and 16x16 tiles, sprites
- color math (blending), brightness, windows
- DMA (with faster paths for VRAM/CGRAM/OAM), HDMA
- Sound (when possible)
- SRAM with auto-saving
- Joypad for player 1 (circle pad also works)
DUE TO LIMITATIONS, YOU WILL NOT GET SOUND WHEN USING EITHER THE GATEWAY VERSION (blargSnes.3ds) OR WHEN USING THE HOMEBREW LAUNCHER ON A NEW 3DS.
Also note that sleep mode (closing your 3DS) and the Home button don't work when using The Homebrew Launcher/Ninjhax homebrew method.
- Sound using the 3DS DSP
- Expansion chips. Star Fox in 3D, anyone?
- Maybe further hardware acceleration in the PPU department
Release date 2014-11-30 Download
- Brand new hardware-accelerated renderer
- Scaling support
- Exit button (mainly for use with the Homebrew Launcher)
- Emulation fixes (namely, huge 'next EXP' in Earthbound is fixed)
- Support for the 256x239 mode
- Proper PAL support (actually uses PAL timings)
- Tries to prevent GPU freezes
- Synchronous SPC700 (fixes issues but also causes a little slowdown)
- As usual, more crap I forgot about. Hah.
Release date 2014-10-12 Download
- No more garbled/blank screens or freezes when pressing Home or closing/reopening the 3DS or playing with the 3D slider
- Ability to run a new game without restarting blargSnes
- Screenshot function
- Support for external borders
- Support for backgrounds with 16x16 tiles. Super Bomberman games are finally playable.
- Brightness, color math (blending) and windows added. Many games look nicer this way.
- Several PPU speedups
- Speedhacking disabled (it was error-prone, not that efficient, and broke HDMA)
- Replaced forced 1/2 frameskip with automatic frameskipper (isn't perfect, though)
- More stable display (although tearing still occurs when frameskipping), VSync
- More things I forgot about. Surprise!
- initial release Download
- 3dbrew and all the people who made 3DS homebrew possible
- anyone who helped make lolSnes work
- Bond697 and Normmatt for how to use the 3DS syscore
- smealum for ctrulib and for paving the way to the PICA200
- if you feel I forgot your name here, let me know
See discussion thread.