AKA: EZ4, EZIV, EZ-4, EZ-IV, EZ-Flash, EZFlash, EZF.
Manufactured by: EZ-Flash
- EZ-Flash IV
- EZ-Flash IV Lite
The EZ-Flash IV is the long awaited Nintendo DS cart from the EZ-Flash team, known for their quality products with excellent compatibility in the GBA arena. The EZ-Flash IV is very similar to the EZ-Flash III – except it sports a mini-SD card slot, rather than internal NAND flash memory. As such it requires no external linker device, just a mini-SD card, which of course means that your storage space is limited only by the size of your card.
- 128Mbit PSRAM
- 256Mbit Norflash
- 32Mbit SystemLoaer
- 8Mbit SRAM for saver
- MiniSD is used as external storage
- Supports upp to 2 GByte Mini SD (FAT16 only)
- Low power consumption
- Compatible with all GBA, NDS and NDS Lite consoles.
- Compatible with 99% of GBA and NDS games.
- The save files are saved into Mini SD.
- Real time save will be supported. (not supported yet as of 16 July 2007. No sign of an update)
- Excerpt: "While NDS compatibility is not perfect, software updates look sure to make this a viable contender in the compatibility stakes in the future. GBA support is one thing that is sure to have a lot of pulling power for the EZ4, and the inclusion of internal memory in the cart ensures that compatibility is top notch - apart from the lack of a real time clock for GBA games, which is a minor disappointment, but as it is in no way integral, the majority of customers are unlikely to notice its absence. As it stands though, the EZ4 has a little bit of catching up to do in the software department, mainly with respect to the NDS side of things, despite being a quality piece of hardware."
link to chart