Geohot's first homebrew
|Geohot's first PS3 signed Homebrew|
|Compatible Firmwares||fw3.1x, fw3.4x, fw3.55, cfw3.55 all|
This homebrew is just a "Hello world".
It serves as a proof of concept that launching signed homebrew on a non jailbreaked console is now possible.
It lead to signed custom firmware creation.
- A PS3 with firmware 3.55 or bellow.
- A jailbreak dongle to put the PS3 in Service Mode.
- Lv2diag.self v2 file leaked from Sony's SDK (not provided here) to exit the Service Mode. You can usually find the Lv2diag v1 and v2 along with Downgrade tutorials.
The file is provided as a modified and re-signed lv2diag.self.
Lv2diag.self is a file which is read and launched automatically at PS3 boot process when the console is in Service Mode.
- Enter Service Mode and switch off the PS3.
- Remove the jailbreak dongle.
- Copy Geohot's Lv2diag.self on the root of a FAT32 device, and insert it in the rightmost usb port (the one near the bluray drive).
- Boot PS3, Lv2diag.self executes.
The homebrew will write a "helloworld" file on the FAT32 device, named "geohot.txt".
- To exit service mode, replace Lv2diag.self with the Lv2diag.self FILE 2 provided by downgrading tutorials.
- Switch off the PS3 and plug the FAT32 device back in.
- Boot PS3, Lv2diag.self executes and exits Service Mode.
V1.0 - 2011-01-0x
- Initial release