From WikiTemp, the GBAtemp wiki
Revision as of 20:16, 2 December 2010 by tj_cool
- Automatic Kick. People on the AKick list will be automatically kicked and banned by the services upon joining that channel.
- Automatic OP - You will be made a channel operator automatically when you enter the channel. Same as access level 5 if xOP is disabled.
- Bans will prevent you from joining a specific channel.
- Blitzed Open Proxy Monitor, a bot that will look for/ban users that use an open proxy.
- Robots that perform certain tasks automatically.
- Bot service. Allows you to assign a specific bot to a channel. Can be accessed with the command
- Used to relay the traffic of a network, basically hiding your original host.
- See Bouncer
- One "chat room" on the IRC server. Channel names typically start with #.
- Channel Admin
- These people have the same rights as Channel operators, but can also manage the akick list, badword filters, ... Marked by an @ symbol before their nickname (or & in some cases).
- Channel Founder
- The person who created the channel. The founder has the most rights over the channel. Each channel can only have one founder, but anyone with the channel password can use the founder commands. Marked by a @ symbol before their name (or ~ in some cases).
- Channel Operator
- Channel operators can change the topic of the channel and ban/kick people.
- Channel Owner
- See Channel Founder
- See Channel Operator.
- Channel service. A service bot that allows you to register/manage a specific channel. Can be accessed with the command
- Software that connects to the IRC server.
- See vHost
- Client to Client Protocol.
- Direct Client-to-Client. Establishes a connection directly with the Computer of another IRC user. This can be used for greater security. A DCC will not disconnect if the server does.
- See Channel Founder
- Global ban from the entire IRC network. They can only be set by IRCops
- Help Service. A bot that gives info about other service bots.
- (Automatic) Half-OP. Will grant you HalfOP status when you enter a channel. Same as access level 4 if xOP is disabled.
- Your hostname contains your IP and ISP. Can be hidden using a vHost.
- Host service. This bot allows you to (de)active your vHost. It can not add vHosts, those need to be added by an IRCop. Can be accessed with the command
- Internet Relay Chat.
- See IRC daemon.
- IRC daemon
- The software that runs on the IRC server.
- IRC Operator (IRCop)
- IRCops are server wide operators. They can also use some special commands (through OperServ) to apply vHosts or to ban people from the whole server.
- Operators can kick you out of a channel if you misbehave. You will be able to re-join the channel immediately.
- A ban from an IRC server. Can only be set by IRCops.
- Time delay between the moment you send a message and the moment other users receive it.
- Memo service. A bot that allows you to send small memos to other users, even when they are offline. It can also send memos to a channel, in which case the message will be sent to the channel operators, admins and founder. Can be accessed with the command
- The name that is publicly visible.
- Nickname service. A service bot that allows you to register your nickname to prevent others from using it. Can be accessed with the command
- Message sent to a specific user or channel. A notice will always appear in a users active window. They should not be used for extended private conversations. No automatic replies can be set to notices.
- Determines who is an IRCop and who isn't.
- Operator, see Channel Operator.
- See IRCop
- Operator service. A bot used by IRCops only.
- Private message
- A message to a single person privately. Similar to the PM system on the forums.
- Global ban from a server based on Nickname (instead of Host).
- See Private message.
- A services bot used by root Admins. Usually merged into OperServ.
- Services Administrator
- The person responsible for maintaining the IRC server and daemon. They are able to assign IRCops.
- Services Bot
- Special bots implemented by the IRCd. On the GBAtemp network, all services bots have gbatemp.net as host.
- Services Operator (SysOp)
- See IRCop
- Super Operator, see Channel Admin
- Virtual host. You can ask an IRCop for a vHost if you want to hide your real host.
- VOice People/Automatic Voice -
- Display information about a specific connected user. Activated by the
- When xOP is activated, aliases like AOP, VOP, ... can be used for the access list of a channel, else the access level number has to be used.