OpenWii supports a multitude of platforms. These do-it-yourself modchips are open source (GPL) and feature packed. OpenWii and yaosm now have virtually exactly the same features - if you're looking for an open source modchip, pick the one that you can find the parts for!.
- Boots Wii originals and backups from all regions
- Boots GameCube originals and backups from all regions
- Boots GameCube homebrew
- Full DMS / D2A / D2B Chipset Support
- Updatable via DVD (Atmega8 Platform)
- 6x DVD Read Speed (Adjustable via Setup Disc)
- DVD±R & DVD±RW media fully supported
- 8cm (miniDVD) supported
- Works on the ATmega8 / ATtiny / PIC and MSP platforms
- Super Mario Galaxy Fix
- Super Smash Brothers Brawl Originals/Backups
- Gamecube audiofix
You can download the latest firmware from the official OpenWii wiki.