The SuperCard DSonei is a Slot-1 flashcart solution, made by the SuperCard team. It's exactly the same as the SuperCard DSone, but made to work with the DSi. However, it can only use the DSi's DS mode, because DSi mode hasn't been hacked (yet). After the DSi's 1.4 Firmware update, it was blocked by Nintendo to make sure it didn't work, but thanks to a 'Firmware Writer' included in the package, team SuperCard got it working again by changing the cart's header to the header of Star Wars: Elite Squadron. This makes the cart show up in the DS/DSi menu as if it actually is Star Wars: Elite Squadron. Recently, it got a firmware update, as did the DSone and the DSone SDHC. The new firmware (called the Evolution Operating System, or EOS) is a major improvement on the old firmware, which was based on Moonshell. Because of that, with the old OS you could play music and DPG videos, show pictures, read text files, etc.
For the old OS:
- Plug'n Play(No flashme, No passme, No convert).
- The 1st flashcart with a USB fireware writer in the world wide. Unlimited upgrade and Never worry about anything.
- 100% Clean Rom Support, Just Drag'n Drop.
- 100% Game Compatibility.
- RealTime Functions: RealTime Save, RealTime Game Guide & RealTime Cheat.
- Multi Saves, Easy to backup and restore saves.
- Hardware Save Support. Easy to backup and exchange saves with other players.
- TWO modes designed:
Clean ROM mode (100% Clean Rom Support. Just Drag 'n Drop file from PC to flash memory card.)
Patch Mode (100% Clean Rom Support. Just Drag 'n Drop file from PC to flash memory card. Then play the games with some extra functions, like RESET, RealTime Save, RealTime Game Guide & RealTime Cheat.)
- Unlimited storage. Support SDHC memory card, Support FAT/FAT32. Easy to share memory card with other digtal tools.
- Blue-Light engine included. Support High speed flash memory card without any slow down.
- Multi language Support. Change the language as you wish.
- DS original cartridge size, the perfect solution of slot 1.
- TFlash/MicroSD slot Push'n Push design, good-looking and easy to use.
- Micro firmware designed, and extended skin which is fully upgradeable, easy to DIY your own skin.
- MoonShell built-in design. Can play MP3, Ogg and DPG2 directly in SuperCard DS system. Capatible with DPG0/DPG1. It also support eBook and view picture. It's a real multimedia system.
- Powerful OS Menu System. Game list support PDA display mode, text list, small icon list and big icon list. Support touch operation.
For the new OS:
- Powerful new GUI
Completely redesigned the GUI can bring you a new beautiful interface. And system menus will also give you more friendly user experience, touch operation, saves time and effort!
- Real-Time-Save power up!
It increased RTS slots up to 4 individual slots. Additional, added the 3D data intelligent detection function, to improve the compatibility of 3D games so that it can be more stable. Moreover, also fast read & write speed as always.
- Hotkey Integration
Integrated the hotkey, then there is only one hotkey you need to remember. You can call out the in-game menu to use the functions like RTS/RTG/Cheat and so on. It's easy to remember and easy to use!
- Full-featured upgrade cheat function
Easy to use, compatible with popular DAT format cheat database now. It’s easy to get the cheat code.
- Hardware supports slow motion
Changed the slow motion function from Cheat code method to hardware method. Better stability and compatibility.
- Evolution of Real-Time-Game-Guide
With the beautiful and small font so that could display more on the screen. In addition, supports for direct reading .Txt text file, more convenient to use.
- Supports long file names perfectly
Emancipated from 8.3 rule, supports long file names perfectly, file identification is more simple and convenient.
- Added new technique
Integrated auto-patch database, you can play new games at the first time as soon as possible. And there is another official patch database, give you the double insurance.
As stated in the Features lists, the ROM compatibility is nearly 100%. Most of the times, games can already be played on a SuperCard before any other card, before even any kind of patch is released. This is because of the way you can run games, in clean or in patch mode, and because of the save size you can set for the games.
The DSonei's homebrew compatibility is excellent, almost every homebrew works, whether its filesize is small or large.
Official GBAtemp reviews
- Review of the DSonei compared to the iTouch2.
- Review of the DSone V3 (which is basically the same as the DSonei in terms of functionality, etc)
- Review of the DSone (again, it's basically the same as the DSonei). Made by a member of the official SuperCard forums.
- Review of the beta version of the Evolution OS (basically the same as the v1.0 EOS which is out now). Made by a member of the official SuperCard forums.
- Official SuperCard site
- Official Evolution OS site
- Official SuperCard forums (English)
- GBAtemp Slot-1 SuperCard board
- How to: Edit skins for the Evolution OS Not interesting if you don't know anything about skinning.