WiigionFree was written by DBFT/DGSystems as a cross platform, open source patcher for the region encoding on Wii ISO files. It is released under the GNU General Public License.
The latest version of WiigionFree can be downloaded from:
- Version 0.1 was released on 26/02/07 and included the ability to patch to NTSC_U and PAL, it had a very basic GUI.
- Version 0.2 was released on 27/02/07, it only included a bugfix in the ISO selection feature of WiigionFree
- Version 0.5 was released on 28/02/07 and had a completely new interface, which allowed for patching to a seperate file (as to retain the data in the original).
- Version 1.0 was released on 01/03/07 and will be the final version of WiigionFree (barring bugs or major discoveries)
WiigionFree requires the user to have Java Runtime Enviroment 1.2 or newer, all modern computer should already have this.
1. Double click the application icon, or right click open with Java Runtime Enviroment
2. Click ... next to "Input File"
3. Select the ISO to patch
If you wish to patch to the file directly, skip to step 6
4. Click ... next to "Output File"
5. Select a location to output the file to, and give it a name
6. Click Patch!
1. CD to the directory of wiigionfree.jar
2. Type java -jar wiigionfree [INPUTFILE] [TARGETREGION] [OUTPUTFILE]
INPUTFILE = The ISO file to patch
TARGETREGION = J/U/P (NTSC_J,NTSC_U,PAL)
OUTPUTFILE = Where to output the patched file (optional)