The Rock Guide: How to USB Load Games with USB Peripheral Controllers
Anyone is free to edit this, though you must create an account first. If something is wrong with the guide, fix it! (Vandals will be banned and their IP blocked from further edits.)
- Most if not all USB Peripheral Controller bug solutions involve using Hermes' IOS 222 and IOS 223 (which are alternatives to Waninkoko's IOS249). If you don't already have those installed, you'll find a guide for installing them with WAD Manager here and with Hermes' cIOS installer here.
- Remove all GameCube memory cards and controllers!
- Plug in all peripherals BEFORE booting the game!
- As always, make sure your hard drive is connected to the Wii via the outside USB port (the one closest to the edge of the Wii).
Configurable USB Loader Settings
- Select your Game
- Press 1 Button for Options
- Using the Directional Pad, scroll down to "IOS"
- Select IOS: 222-mload (IOS37 merged with IOS38) or 223-mload (IOS60 merged with IOS38)
- Press 2 Button to Save Options
- Press A to Start Game
This works for the following games*:
- ACDC Live: Rock Band Song Pack
- The Beatles Rock Band
- Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock
- Guitar Hero 5
- Guitar Hero: Aerosmith
- Guitar Hero: Greatest Hits
- Guitar Hero: Metallica
- Guitar Hero: Smash Hits
- Guitar Hero: World Tour
- LEGO Rock Band
- Rock Band Song Pack 1
- Rock Band 2
- Rock Band Country Track Pack
- Rock'n'Roll Adventures
(*May not work for any of these games)