|Firmware Support||Up to 10.7|
|New 3ds Support||Yes|
|Is A Clone||No|
|SD Support||SDXC up to 128gb|
|Has USB port||Yes|
|Has Button||Yes (Forward+Backwards)|
|Game Limit||On Some Cards|
This flashcart for 3DS made by Sky3DS supports firmwares up to 10.7.0-32 and therefore works with 3DS, 3DS XL, 2DS, New 3DS and New 3DS XL. It might be possible to boot homebrew thanks to smealum and his NINJHAX exploit. It can play 3DS games but is region-locked, but this can be easily bypassed using RegionFOUR.
- Supports any 3DS firmware up to V10.7.0-32.
- Plays 3DS ROMs
- Support all New3DS/3DSLL, 3DS/XL, 2DS consoles(US,EU,JP).
- Support eShop and online game.
- Compatible with any MicroSD 2GB-128GB SDHC/SDXC card.
- Requires gamelist.bin to be downloaded
- First version has two orange buttons, to cycle forwards and backwards
- Firmware can be upgraded
- Has MicroUSB port (~355 KB/s), reducing need for MicroSD adapter
- Does not use emunand
- This cart is a clone: No.
- This cart has clone(s): Yes (QQ3DS Pro)
- Region free using smealum's regionthree on firmwares <9.4.0 (not with N3DS/XL).
- Region free using smealum's regionfour on firmwares 9.0.0-9.8.0 (works on all 3DS models).
Best Practice: Use a new SD card, Add cubic ninja as the first game, then add the other region game. use the regionFOUR exploit, then use the two buttons to cycle to the next rom.
- Limited only by the filesystem (maybe)
1. Switch to next GAME: Use the two orange buttons to cycle forward/backward through the games in the MicroSD. Sky3DS+ will save EEPROM to microSD card, it will skip to next game, at the same time, will read this game save data with EEPROM to microSD card, then you can start to play.
2. Restore all games save data: Connect Sky3DS with MicroUSB cable to the PC. Select all .sav files and copy to PC.
3. Initialise SKY3DS+: Download gamelist.bin from Sky3DS website. Copy ROMs and gamelist.bin to microSD root and insert microSD into Sky3DS+. Insert into 3DS console and use orange buttons to cycle through games.
4. Updating firmware: (Copied from Sky3DS page) Sky3DS+ will come with the newest firmware V100(FIRMWARE_VERSION=100 in the settings.txt, you don't need to do any update at the moment), we will keep it updated on their site if needed.
- 1.Download the updated firmware.bin from sky3DS.com, and copy it into the root directory of
your microSD card.
- 2.Insert your microSD card into sky3DS+, connect your PC and sky3DS+ with a USB cable(come
with, which can also work as a USB Adapter once connection built).
- 3.The LED red light will turn on for 10 seconds, then turn to the green light and keep flashing for
10 seconds, once the light turn off it means the sky3DS+ has been updated successfully. Alert: Never unplug the USB cable while the green light keep flashing, it might damage your sky3DS+ card!
- 4.Delete the firmware.bin file in your microSD card.
No special software is necessary anymore, you can copy-paste just like NDS flashcarts.
If you need a more in depth guide to adding roms, here is the official one http://www.sky3ds.com/sky+.html