AKAIO ROM Compatibility
This page is a starting point for addressing any game issues you might encounter.
Try a combination of the various modes. Default with green loading text is DMA-QuickSave mode. Holding X with red loading text is the older DMA mode. Holding A with blue loading text is the Non-DMA mode.
PLEASE TRY ALL MODES FIRST!
Current AKAIO Loader
Always use the current AKAIO loader. The latest version may contain fixes that address your concerns.
Unzip the file for your cart and place it in the _aio/loaders folder on your microSD card.
Game Compatibility Issues
Below is a summary of games that have issues and how to resolve them. Current compatibility is based on AKAIO 1.5. When adding games use only the format of # - NAME :: DESC. Descriptions should include information about the problem or possible methods used to solve the issue. Only use release numbers found at Advanscene.com.
Please sort the list numerically Nintendo DS
- 0766 - Puyo Puyo! 15th Anniversary (J) Hangs at screen switches. Hold A for non-DMA to solve the issue.
- 0866 - Puyo Puyo! 15th Anniversary (v1.1) (J) Hangs at screen switches. Hold A for non-DMA to solve the issue.
- 0866 - Puyo Puyo! 15th Anniversary (v01) (J) with English translation patch by puyonexus :: Hangs at screen switches, hold A to use Non-DMA mode when loading ROM.
- 1044 - Final Fantasy III (E) Hangs where intro video should start. Hold A while booting for Non-DMA mode.
- 1479 - Animal Crossing: Wild World (v01) (U) :: Wi-Fi functions; Make sure that the access point you are using uses shared WEP, if WEP encryption is present.
- 3161 - Ragnarok Online DS (J) :: Disable Cheats, DMA & Download Play to play on-line.
- 3541 - Pokemon Platinum Version (U) :: Problems?; Hold X to boot the old DMA mode. GTS won't work unless you boot it in normal mode(Hold A when loading game)
- 0690 - Metroid Fusion (U) Does not save. Use latest GBAExpLoader.
- 1370 - Metroid Zero Mission (U) Does not save. Use latest GBAExpLoader.
- 1636 - Pokémon - Fire Red Version (U) Does not save. Use latest GBAExpLoader.
- 1637 - Pokémon - Leaf Green Version (U) Does not save. Use latest GBAExpLoader.
- 1989 - Pokemon Emerald (U) Does not save. Use latest GBAExpLoader.
(if GBAExploder freezes in AKAIO use dldi file from offical Acekard firmware)
|Flashcarts||Acekard/+ • Acekard RPG • Acekard 2/2i|
|Software||AKAIO (Compatibility - How To - F.A.Q - GlobalSettings)|
|Official website - Acekard2 review|